Day 02 : KATHMANDU CITY TOUR
In the morning by 6.30 am, breakfast in the hotel and then continue for the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu by 8.00 am. You will visit Pashupatinath Temple and Budhanilkanth Temple, both are biggest holy temple in regards to Lord Shiva & Vishnu respectively. Return hotel from sightseeing and take lunch in hotel. In the evening, we will have short briefing program followed by introduction to all group members. Overnight at hotel.
Optional: One can even book for Mountain Flight as an optional tour for this morning. This is an hour flight over World’s highest Mountain peaks. The flight departure time is at 6.30 am so those passengers who booked for this incredible flight should be ready by 5.30 am in the hotel and one of our tour officer will pick up and transfer to the domestic airport. Accommodation: 4 Star Grand or Similar.
Day 03 : KATHMANDU TO KODARI BORDER & CONTINUE TO NYALAM
Today early morning wake up and drive to Kodari border. On the way we will make short break for tea/coffee with pack breakfast. On reaching border, wewill take lunch in decent restaurant (veg meal) and by the time our border representative officerwill assist to clear immigration & customs in Nepal side. Then get ready to cross the border in Tibet region. You have to walk for 5 to 10 minutes to reach Friendship Bridge and stay in queue as per serial number mentioned in your passport. We clear Chinese immigration and custom formalities with the help of our Tibetan guide. And then after, we get in to ourtransport in Tibet side for our onward journey to Nyalam. After 30 minutes’ drive we reach in Zhangmu where you have to wait for a while toclear immigration formalities by our guide & driver. It takes another 1 hour to reach Nyalam. On arrival, check into room and take rest for today. Our kitchen crew will serve hot tea or coffee with light snacks within short interval of time after setting their kitchen. Then you can stroll around hotel vicinity or go walk for nearby market. Dinner will be prepare by our cook and serve between 7 to 8 pm (Chinese time).
Being you are staying in high elevation at 3750m, there might be consequence of uneasy feeling with your health in the first night, so it is suggested to all travelers to drink liquid more as possible that may be in any form of soup, juice, tea, coffee or hot water. This will help you in re-hydration as well as in breathing system.
Day 04 : FREE DAY IN NYALAM FOR ACCLIMATIZATION.
This day is reserve for rest day for the acclimatization with Tibet’s climate. Our tour manager will assist taking you to short hike in and around Nyalam county for warming up your body to adjust with Tibet climate. Also, we enjoy the day with chanting Bhajan or Katha in Guesthouse.
Day 05 : DRIVE, NYALAM TO NEW DONGBA
Base campToday our journey begins to reach our ultimate destination. Wake up by 7.00 am, take breakfast by 7.30 am then begin the tour by 9 am. This routine will be normally followed all day during your further trip ahead. After short drive of 10 km, you can see Milarepa Cave situated in 400m downhill side from the highway. Then we across the first highest pass Thong-La (5200 m) enroute, from where you can enjoy the magnificent view of one of the highest peak in Tibet called Mt. Shishpangma (8013 m) and along with Mt. Choyu and Mt. Dorje Lakpa. After high pass, we leave friendship highway that goes to Lhasa and change the direction to the west. We halt for half an hour on the way in Check post where our Tibetan guide and driver will clear permit formalities and then continue drive ahead with another break at near Peiku Tso for lunch. Our drive continue again along through some distance with great view of Lake Peiku Tso and reach Saga, a small developed town situated at the bank of River Brahmaputra (Yarlung Tsangpo). Finally, we arrive New Dongba for our overnight stay after some couple of hours drive. New Dongba is used to be the regional trading centre in the past. Being the road is all fine, our journey will be smooth with picturesque view of snow capped mountains and passing through some villages & camps of yak herders (nomad camp).
Day 06 : DRIVE, NEW DONGBA TO LAKE MANASAROVAR (4550 M.)
We have very important day today as we are heading to the holiest place at Lake Manasarovar. As per above time schedule, our day begins with breakfast at 7.30 am and leave for another point by 9 am. On the way before Mayumla Pass (4900 m), we take break for permit formalities and for lunch then continue the journey crossing Mayumla pass and Paryang county. You will have very good opportunity to see first glimpse of Mt. Kailash from the shore of Lake Manasarovar. There will be few minutes’ halt before heading to our camp at Lake Manasarovar for the permit formalities, that period you can use with praying Mt. Kailash. After immigration complete, we will drive further to our camp at Chiu Gompa and will stay in Paramartha Guesthouse. Today, you will complete Lake Manasarovar parikrama approx. 70% and rest will be complete when you return from Kailash Trek. You will have very significant moment in Lake Manasarovar with almighty bless and even graceful evening with the breathtaking view of holiest Lake Manasarovar and Mt. Kailash. Besides this, you can also see or visit Chiu Gompa Monastery situated in hillock near Guesthouse.
Day 07 : DRIVE, LAKE MANASAROVAR TO DARCHEN (4663 M.)
Today morning, we wake up comfortably and we will find a good place for holy dip in Lake Manasarovar for all our pilgrims. We will also arrange shower tent nearby the bank of lake for change the clothing and also you can arrange your puja / haven at feasible place according to you. Our crew member will assist you if anything help require. After finishing holy bath and puja, and taking lunch, we make short drive to Darchen. On the way to Darchen, we can also see panoramic scenery of Rakshas Tal (Demon’s Lake) in the other side of Lake Mansarovar. Darchen is the major administrative hub of Kailash region with basic development in infrastructure and facility and also considered as the base camp of Mt. Kailash from where the circumambulation around Kailash begins. You can stroll around small market in Darchen in the afternoon.
(Optionally, we arrange Asthapad excursion trip from Darchen on request but please be inform that one should trek from Darchen – Asthapad – Darchen, there is no transport service available as Chinese Government has made restriction for transport in this area).
Day 08 : MORNING, DRIVE TO YAMA DWAR THEN START PARIKRAMA
Today, we wake up early and take breakfast then head to Tarboche / Serson. All pilgrims have opportunity to pass through Yama Dwar before trek commence. Also, the members who are not going for parikrama will return from Yama Dwar after very close darshan of Mt. Kailash from this point and get back to Darchen waiting for parikrama group. And other travelers who are going for parikrama will continue trekking ahead through horse or by foot. You will given name coupon to choose the horse & porter if any travelers book for this and the same horse or porter will accompany throughout the trip. And we will manage Yaks & Yak men to carry our camping logistics for Kora.
TrekToday trek is flat and gradual ascend along through the bank of Glacier River so it will be easy and reach Diraphuk camp comfortably within 5 hours. We will stopover in mid way for our pack lunch. Our Tibetan guide will help us to book our guesthouse in advance and will check into room immediately as soon you reach there because of chilly weather than we have in earlier camp. Diraphuk is one of the best and closest point from where we can see crystal clear north face of Mt. Kailash standing ahead. You will have great opportunity to take several memorable picture of Kailash from here. The night will be too cold below 0 degree temperature so we will have quick dinner and rest in bed.
Day 09 : CONTINUE PARIKRAMA TO ZUTULPHUK (4760 M.) VIA GAURI KUNDA
Wake up very early morning before dawn, take quick light breakfast and get ready to begin the trek towards Zuthulphuk camp. This day is considered as toughest day. The trek goes steep climb up continuously upto Dolma La high pass (5600 m) for about 4 hours and steep down to Gaurikunda and upto flat valley for about 2.5 hours then after you will walk all the way flat land for about another 2/3 hours. That’s why, it is the tough & longest trek of about 8/9 hours. We should cross the high pass as early as possible in pleasant weather before strong windy at day time. At the top of Dolma La, you can even find the place called Shivasthal that covered withholy flags and the personal related things like clothing, ornaments, for which there is strong belief in Tibetan religion that you will get it (whatever you offered here) in heaven after your death.
Camping at Kailash Travelers should not forget to carry their pack lunch from kitchen before start trekking. After crossing Dolma La, you will see GauriKunda at downhill in the right side of your path. Then further walking down for a while, we will take break for pack lunch. This downhill trail is not easy due to rocky & loose stones so we should walk very carefully. Then after, you will catch soon flat trail that reach to Zuthulphuk. Also please note, the travelers who are in horse ride should also walk for 2 to 3 hours in between trekking while you are coming steep down after Dolma La. In Zuthulphuk, we will have guesthouse in hut or in fixed tent with proper bed, bed sheet & warm blanket. Similar as in Diraphuk, we will take dinner at earliest it prepared and go to warm bed.
Day 10 : END PARIKRAMA NEAR DARCHEN AND DRIVE BACK TO DONGBA
This is our last trek day and we have to make short trek about 2.5 hours so we wake up in normal time and begin trekking to descend Darchen town. Our transport will pick up us from the mid way to Darchen, upto where the road is accessible and drive to guesthouse at Darchen where our other groups staying and then take lunch there. Then after, we straight fowards continue our drive to Dongba by completing the remaining course (approx. 30%) of parikrama of Lake Manasarovar.
Day 11 : RETURN JOURNEY TO NYALAM
Today is our last journey in Tibetan Plateau. We will return to Nyalam, the last night near border town of Nepal. We will chant and enjoy all the team together in the last evening with wonderful memory. Also, we will keep gratitude program to all staff team members from Nepal and Tibet side for their hard work & devotion to make your trip safe and successful.
Day 12 : RETURN JOURNEY TO KATHMANDU
After 10 days long trip in high isolated land, we feel more safe and comfortable today once we drive to the border in early morning. Our eyes feel relief to see all lavish greenery surrounding and easy breathing once we across Nepal. As previous way, we will clear immigration and custom formalities in both Tibet & Nepal side and take lunch in border then move to Kathmandu comfortably. We check in hotel at Kathmandu and after long while you have good time to take warm shower to refresh, have very delicious taste of food in dinner and luxury sleep.
Package cost for overland Mt. Kailash & Manasarovar Yatra 2015 by Luxury Coach from Nepal:
|Package cost by air-conditioned Luxury Bus|
|For Indian Nationals:||INR 1,05000 Per Person|
|For Foreign Nationals & NRI:||USD 2150 Per Person|
|For US Passport Holders:||USD 2150 + 300 Per Person|
|*Rates are on twin sharing basis single room supplement will be extra and shall apply for Kathmandu part only|
Important remark for accommodation:
It is to be noted that the single/twin sharing rooms will be provided only in Kathmandu and during camping. At all other places only small guest houses or hotels are available where rooms will be on sharing basis with other pilgrims (dormitories) on twin/triple or more sharing basis depending on the availability.
The inclusions in the above package price are listed below for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2015 :-
• All airport-Hotel-Airport transfers in kathmandu by car/coach.
• Hotel accommodation at Kathmandu in hotel Shanker / Vaishali or equivalent with pure vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinners, for total three nights (02 nigfhts on arrival before the start of the journey and 01 night before the final departure)
• 02 Nights stay at Hotel Nyalam or similar on sharing basis with common toilet facility.
• One or Two nights stay in Hotel Prayang or similar on sharing basis with common toilet facility.
• Two nights stay in Hotel Saga or similar on sharing basis with attached toilet facility.
• Two nights stay in a guest house at Darchen.
• One or Two night accommodation at Manasarovar in a guest house.
• One night stay at Hotel Dirapuk or a guest house.
• One night accommodation at Zuthulpuk in fixed camps.
• One half day guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Transport services from Kathmandu to Nepal Border and back by an non air conditioned coach.
• Facilities of a support truck to carry baggage, food and camping equipments for the pilgrims.
• Camping arrangements and all meal facilities arranged by Nepalese sherpa crew in Tibet side.
• Charges for sleeping bags for the journey.
• A Nepalese team leader (English speaking) from Kathmandu and an English speaking Tibetan guide from Kodari border for escorting during the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra..
• Yak and Yak men to carry your bag (maximum one piece per person permitted) for Kailash Parikrama.
• All monasteries entrance fee.
• Normal Tibet visa for the yatra.
• One duffle bag per person.
• One jacket per person for the Kailash Manasarovar yatra on returnable basis.
• A certificate for completion of the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra to each person.
• Insurance charges for our sherpa crew.
Package services does not include :
• Travel and Medical insurance
• Rescue evacuation cost in case of emergency.
• Insurgent fee INR 500 per person approx.
• Air ticket cost to Kathmandu and back.
• Extra cost incurred in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation or porterage on The Arniko Highway (INR 500 - 700) per person approx.
• Soft / hard beverages, photography charges, porterage at the airports / hotels, laundry, tips, telephone calls etc. and any other expenses of personal nature.
• Yak / Pony hiring charges for riding during Kailash Parikarma
• Any other item which is not mentioned in our above mentioned inclusions list.
Important note : It is very strongly recommend that one should take insurance coverage to cope up with any eventuality.
Booking Conditions for Overland Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2015:
• To reserve Kailash Manasarovar Yatra package a non-refundable amount of INR 10,000 per person alongwith a copy of your passport with minimum 6 months validity from the date of travel, is required.
• The balance amount for the booking must be paid to us at least 30 days before the trip departure from India. Payment should be made by bank transfer to our Bank Account or a draft favoring "Max Holidays India Pvt. Ltd." payable at Delhi may be sent to our head office in Delhi.
• A health certificate issued by a doctor confirming that the participant is fit to undertake the yatra.
• All booking MUST be made minimum 2 months prior to each departure date.
• A Yatra Booking Form duly filled.
Cancellation Policy for Overland Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2015:
Important Notes for Overland Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2015:
• It is strongly recommended to keep a provision of 2 – 3 extra days to overcome any delays due to any unforeseen reasons like weather conditions etc.
• During the nature of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra, there can be last minute change/s in the schedule and the Tour Operator or any of its associates shall not be liable for any such delays. Our package price does not include any additional charges incurred due to such delays.
• In the event of advent weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances/conditions which are beyond our control, Max Holidays and its associates retain the right to change the itinerary.
• The entire group will enter and exit in Tibet together and it is mandatory strictly to follow the itinerary as per the schedule provided by us and our associates for the yatra.
• Due to any adverse weather condition, technical reasons or any other circumstances which are beyond our control, if the helicopter services is stopped we and our associates/representatives shall make every possible effort to provide the pilgrims with lodging and boarding etc. We shall make the best possible efforts to provide alternate arrangements but in such case if there are any additional expenses, the same will be borne by the pilgrim only.