Day 02 : Temple visit in Kathmandu
Breakfast will be served in the hotel at Kathmandu and then after our tour guide will take you for a half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu including a visit to Pashupatinath Temple and Budhaneelkantha. The evening time will be free for leisure in Kathmandu. Our Company representatives will obtain visa for you to visit China during your Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. The travel permit required for Tibet would be applied by us well in advance. Today the night stay will be at your hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Drive Kathmandu to Nyalam (3700 m)
Today after breakfast in the hotel, you will experience a beautiful drive to Kodari through Dhulikhel. Kodari is the the frontier town of Nepal. From Kodari take a short walk to the friendship bridge where you start the drive to Zhangmu. About 145 kms from Kathmandu, at a height of 2,300 m. Zhangmu is the main entrance point of Tibet, China. On arrival at Zhangmu you will be welcomed by guide reserved for you by our partners in Tibet. Complete the immigration formalities here to enter Tibet and then take further 35 kms / 03 hours journey to Nyalam (3700 m). The beautiful drive through the up-winding road brings you to Nyalam which is the place for your night halt today. The stay will be in a simple and basic lodge or guest house at Nyalam. During your journey you may go through unexpected things as for the last 10 years China Tourism is picking up slowly in Tibet area.
Day 04 : In Nyalam for acclimatization
The day is free for acclimatization at Nyalam before you start the Yatra to Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. A short walk for about 03 hours will be organized in Nyalam. The night stay will be at Hotel Nyalam or equivalent.
Day 05 : Drive Nyalam to Saga (4600 m) 240 Kms./ 6 - 7 hours drive
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel and take a drive to Saga. This beautiful drive to Saga from Nyalam gives you fantastic view of snow capped mountains and also the opportunity to pass through many villages and camps of Yak herders. Today you will also experience the superb view of high Himalayan ranges from Gaurishanker, Shishapangma to Langtang Himal as you pass through the first highest pass of Lalung La Pass (5000 m). Continue the drive past Khunmen Tso, Sinling, Karru Ongchen and Peigutso Lake (4400m). To reach Saga (4600 m) we also cross today the river "Yarling Tsangpo" which is known as Bhramaputra. On arrival at saga check into a local guest house for night stay.
Day 06 : Drive Saga to Prayang ( 4540 m) - 260 kms / 06 hrs
This morning we will drive through barren territory passing many villages and camps of Yak herders with distance view of snow capped mountain ranges. The journey this day will be through quaite a flat and smooth road. After the comfortable drive reach Prayang where you stay for the night in a guest house.
Day 07 : Drive Prayang to Mansarovar (4558 m) – 285 kms/07 hrs
After breakfast take a drive to Mayum River (112 kms). Have lunch near the river and then continue drive to Mansarovar Lake. This is a day of lifetime as you will have the first darshan of holy Mt. Kailash parvat and Holy Lake Mansarovar. Continue parikrama to the Mansarovar Lake by jeep and drive to Chui Gompa where we will stay for the night.
Day 08 : Drive to Darchen (4620 m) and trek to Asthaath
The day you were waiting for has come as you attain Puja and take holy bath in the Lake Mansarovar today. After Puja and holy dip into the Mansarovar Lake continue drive to Darchen (4620 m) which is located just under the. Darchen is a small village with few guesthouses located under the splendid holy Mount Kailash. During the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra period one can see the place flooded with pilgrims with a large number of tents placed all around the village. Continue trek Serrlung Monastry to visit Asthapath which offers an excellent view of Nandi Parvat and Mount Kailash. Night stay will be in the guest house or camp.
Day 09 : Drive to Tarboche (13 km) and trek to Dirapuk (4860 m) 7 km/ 5 - 6 hrs.
This morning take a short drive of about 13 Kms. to reach Tarboche which is the starting point for the trekking on Holy Mount Kailash Parkrama. The first day of our Kora is a gradual walk with multitudes of other local pilgrims chanting and praying. The trek today leads us to few ups and downs till we reach our camp/guest house at Dirapuk (4860 m). Stay in a basic camp on the grassy meadows giving you the fascinating view of Mount Kailash, north-west face. Important point to note is that those who are not feeling fit to continue the mount Kailash parikarma will be driven back to Darchen where they will wait for the other group members to return. Night stay will be in the guest house or camp.
Day 10 : Trek to Zuthulphuk (4760 m) 18 km/ 9 - 10 hrs.
This day is difficult and full of climax on the holy yatra of Kailash Mansarovar. Today after early breakfast we trek to the higher side of the mountains just under the Holy Mount Kailash. The walk along the Mount Kailash will bring you to Drolma La, 5,200 m. which is one of the highest points on the trek. From here we descend towards the gradual fields of Zuthulphuk where we have the overnight stay arranged. The descend is steep to the valley below. From the valley below the walk becomes pleasant and relaxing a bit. The path takes you through some gentle slopes over the grassy field. Reach Zuthulphuk for overnight stay in a fixed tent.
Day 11 : Zuthulphuk to Prayang / Dongba (4600 m)Breakfast will be served near the camp and one can enjoy the morning time in exploring the caves, visiting the temples and shrine built around. Here you will see a married old couple supervising the temple. The temple is a residence for over half a dozen Tibetan devotees, helpers or relatives who keep busy themselves busy with the maintenance of the buildings. The caves also contains meditation platforms. Climbing up to these caves before ending the final trek of the holy Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is worth. After a 10 kms / 4-5 hours walk we reach to the final destination of our Mansarovar Yatra trek near Prayang or Dongba. Those who did not do parikarma will be brought to this point to continue further journey with the group.
Day 12 : Drive Prayang to Nyalam (3900 m) 490 kms/7-8 hrs
Have leisurely breakfast and then get ready to take the journey back with everlasting memories Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar darshan.
Day 14 : Fly back to your home with memories of Mount Kailash & Holy Lake Mansarovar
Breakfast in the hotel and some time free to do some last minute shopping around or for other personal activities etc. Our representative will then transfer you to the Tribhuvan International airport of Kathmandu from where you take your flight to home / onward destination.
Or you may extend your stay in Nepal to visit Muktinath Temple or Manokamna Temple or just relaxing in your hotel at Kathmandu.
Packaged Cost for overland Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Land Cruiser from Nepal for the year 2014:
|Package cost by 4500 CC Land Cruiser|
|For Indian Nationals:||INR 99000 Per Person|
|For Foreign Nationals & NRI:||USD 2299 Per Person|
|For US Passport Holders:||USD 2595 Per Person|
|*Rates are on twin sharing basis single room supplement will be extra and shall apply for Kathmandu part only|
|Package cost by air-conditioned Luxury Bus|
|For Indian Nationals:||INR 85000 Per Person|
|For Foreign Nationals & NRI:||USD 2090 Per Person|
|For US Passport Holders:||USD 2390 Per Person|
|*Rates are on twin sharing basis single room supplement will be extra and shall apply for Kathmandu part only|
Important remark for accommodation:
It is to be noted that the single/twin sharing rooms will be provided only in Kathmandu and during camping. At all other places only small guest houses or hotels are available where rooms will be on sharing basis with other pilgrims (dormitories) on twin/triple or more sharing basis depending on the availability.
The inclusions in the above package price are listed below for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2014 :-
• All airport-Hotel-Airport transfers in kathmandu by car/coach.
• Hotel accommodation at Kathmandu in hotel Shanker / Vaishali or equivalent with pure vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinners, for total three nights (02 nigfhts on arrival before the start of the journey and 01 night before the final departure)
• 02 Nights stay at Hotel Nyalam or similar on sharing basis with common toilet facility.
• One or Two nights stay in Hotel Prayang or similar on sharing basis with common toilet facility.
• Two nights stay in Hotel Saga or similar on sharing basis with attached toilet facility.
• Two nights stay in a guest house at Darchen.
• One or Two night accommodation at Mansarovar in a guest house.
• One night stay at Hotel Dirapuk or a guest house.
• One night accommodation at Zuthulpuk in fixed camps.
• One half day guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Transport services from Kathmandu to Nepal Border and back by an non air conditioned coach.
• All transport services from Tibet border and back to the border will be 4500 CC Japanese Land Cruiser with 4 pax sitting in each jeep.
• Facilities of a support truck to carry baggage, food and camping equipments for the pilgrims.
• Camping arrangements and all meal facilities arranged by Nepalese sherpa crew in Tibet side.
• Charges for sleeping bags for the journey.
• A Nepalese team leader (English speaking) from Kathmandu and an English speaking Tibetan guide from Kodari border for escorting during the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra..
• Yak and Yak men to carry your bag (maximum one piece per person permitted) for Kailash Parikrama.
• All monasteries entrance fee.
• Normal Tibet visa for the yatra.
• One duffle bag per person.
• One jacket per person for the Kailash Mansarovar yatra on returnable basis.
• A certificate for completion of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra to each person.
• Insurance charges for our sherpa crew.
Package services does not include :
• Travel and Medical insurance
• Rescue evacuation cost in case of emergency.
• Insurgent fee INR 500 per person approx.
• Air ticket cost to Kathmandu and back.
• Extra cost incurred in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation or porterage on The Arniko Highway (INR 500 - 700) per person approx.
• Soft / hard beverages, photography charges, porterage at the airports / hotels, laundry, tips, telephone calls etc. and any other expenses of personal nature.
• Yak / Pony hiring charges for riding during Kailash Parikarma
• Any other item which is not mentioned in our above mentioned inclusions list.
Important note : It is very strongly recommend that one should take insurance coverage to cope up with any eventuality.
Booking Conditions for Overland Mount Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2014:
• To reserve Kailash Mansarovar Yatra package a non-refundable amount of INR 20,000 per person alongwith a copy of your passport with minimum 6 months validity from the date of travel, is required.
• The balance amount for the booking must be paid to us at least 30 days before the trip departure from India. Payment should be made by bank transfer to our Bank Account or a draft favoring "Max Holidays India Pvt. Ltd." payable at Delhi may be sent to our head office in Delhi.
• A health certificate issued by a doctor confirming that the participant is fit to undertake the yatra.
• All booking MUST be made minimum 2 months prior to each departure date.
• A Yatra Booking Form duly filled.
Cancellation Policy for Overland Mount Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2014:
• Once a booking is made, the token advance paid is non-refundable.
• 25% of total package cost will be charged if Cancellation is made 30 days before the departure date.
• 50% of total package cost will be charged if Cancellation is made 15 days before the departure date.
• No refunds will be given if the cancellation is made within 15 days from date of travel.
Important Notes for Overland Mount Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2014:
• It is strongly recommended to keep a provision of 2 – 3 extra days to overcome any delays due to any unforeseen reasons like weather conditions etc.
• During the nature of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, there can be last minute change/s in the schedule and the Tour Operator or any of its associates shall not be liable for any such delays. Our package price does not include any additional charges incurred due to such delays.
• In the event of advent weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances/conditions which are beyond our control, Max Holidays and its associates retain the right to change the itinerary.
• The entire group will enter and exit in Tibet together and it is mandatory strictly to follow the itinerary as per the schedule provided by us and our associates for the yatra.
• Due to any adverse weather condition, technical reasons or any other circumstances which are beyond our control, if the helicopter services is stopped we and our associates/representatives shall make every possible effort to provide the pilgrims with lodging and boarding etc. We shall make the best possible efforts to provide alternate arrangements but in such case if there are any additional expenses, the same will be borne by the pilgrim only.